We can say it with confidence that today the information and those who possess it manage the world. Without the necessary information, without a thorough preliminary analysis it is difficult to start any business, so it is not easy to maintain and achieve success in it. Paying the attention to peculiarities of the modern world, which seeks to integrate, and wants our country to become a full member of the international community, the role of the specialist, who works directly with the information, and especially in international relations, is of such an importance.
The acquired competencies and abilities during the study of International Information major:
- thorough knowledge of the history and current state of international relations;
- knowledge of key principles and methods of information and analytical work;
- knowledge of the tools and methods of information wars and operations analysis;
- knowledge of tools and methods for the analysis of social systems and processes;
- knowledge of the tools and methods of modeling and forecasting in the field of international relations;
- knowledge of fundamentals and principles of information and political consulting;
- logical argumentation;
- analytical thinking;
- possession of conceptual apparatus and theoretical knowledge in the field of international relations;
- application of methods of activity management, search for managerial decisions;
- ability to analyze the experience of information warfare and psychological operations in international relations using;
- conduction of exploratory and normative forecasting;
- formation of ones’ own views on the phenomena, events and processes in politics, both domestically and in international relations;
- ability to use professional-specialized knowledge and practical skills to solve practical issues in the field of information and analytical work.
Graduates of International Information major are able to:
- conduct information-analytical studies;
- compose review and essays by foreign information materials;
- conduct the search the documentary and factual information;
- systematize and summarize data, identify key points;
- identify the regular relationships of life activity of the individual and the impact of environment on him/her in the information society;
- provide the supervision of the team of Information Analysts of International Affairs;
- carry out oral and written forward and backward translation in English.
Graduates, who’ve got the Bachelor Degree, can work as Assistant Information Analyst, Assistant Computer Systems Analyst, Advert Expert on Political Questions Assistant, Political Columnist Assistant, Attache, Diplomatic Courier, Diplomatic Agent, Diplomatic Agencies Secretary and others.
Graduates of the "International Information", who’ve got the Master Degree are able to work as International Information Analysts, Translators and Analysts in Computer Communications, Computer Systems Managers or Analysts, Experts-Analysts in Study of the Сommodity Market; Diplomatic Agents, Press Attache in the Diplomatic Services, Press Secretaries, Advisers, Consultants, Press Services, Information and Analytical Departments and Departments of Ministries, Offices, Enterprises, Companies and others Advisors, Specialists in Public Relations and Media, Boosters, PR-managers in PR-agencies, Departments Managers or Public Relations Departments Directors, Employees, Managers of Departments, Directors, Presidents of News Agencies, Experts or Consultants on the social and political issues (in parties and other public organizations), political observers and so on.
Specialists in "International Information" are also able to work in ministries, departments, committees of the Parliament of Ukraine, Council of Europe Information Office in Ukraine, State Committee for Communications and Informatization of Ukraine, Committee on Press and Information of Regional and Kyiv City Administration and so on.
While studying at the University students - future Experts in International Information, in addition to general majors (History of Ukraine, Philosophy, Ukrainian and Foreign cultures, Political Science, Sociology, etc.) have to master a series of legal subjects of vocational and practical direction: Country Studies, Theory of International Relations, International Relations and World Politics, Diplomatic and Consular Service, Foreign Policy of Ukraine, Diplomatic Protocol and Etiquette, Information and Analytical Activities in International Relations, International Information, Global Economy, International Economic Relations, Ukraine Economy and Foreign Economic Relations. While studying to obtain Master's Degree students have the opportunity along with the qualification "International Information Analyst" to get the qualification "Translator". They study such majors as Information Wars, Information Society, Fundamentals of Geopolitics, International Information Security, Fundamentals of Ethnopolitology, Public Relations in International Relations, Political Management and Marketing, European Information Law, Ethno-Political Conflicts, Practice of Translation.
According to the agreements concluded by the University, students of "International Information" pass the undergraduate (manufacturing) practices in such institutions as the Ukrainian National Information Agency (Ukrinform), Ukrainian Independent Information Agency (UNIAN), the Information Office of the Council of Europe in Ukraine Agency “REUTERS”; State Information and Analytical Centre of External Commodity Markets Monitoring at the Ministry of Economy (Derzhzovnishinform) and others.