The Preparatory Course for International Students is a structural part of the International Office at the «KROK» University. It offers services to prospective students – foreign citizens, who plan to receive higher education in Ukraine. The Course was licensed by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine in 2001, and in 2011 the license procedure confirmed the high level of foreign citizens training.
At the Preparatory Course students are offered 1-year (7-10 months) language training for further education in Ukrainian universities. It provides information on a wide range of topics, including immigration issues (work permits, travel), financial questions, social and cultural differences, and resources at «KROK» University and in the community.
The specialization acquired by the graduates of the preparatory courses is economics, engineering etc. The instructions are held in Russian and Ukrainian.
The classes usually start within the period of September 15 - November 15. Among others the courses include - Russian and Ukrainian Languages, Mathematics, History, Geography, Economics, Computer Studies, Physics, Chemistry, Drawing, Biology and Physical Training (optional).
Moreover the Preparatory Course offers additional mandatory services - medical insurance and visa support.
During the period of studying at the Course foreign citizens are provided with accommodation in four-bed rooms in the University dormitory situated within ten minutes walk from the University. The security system, counselling services and food court service make the living conditions at the dormitory safe and comfortable.
The Preparatory Course for International Students offers high level training for a successful admission to any Ukrainian higher educational institution. Graduates of the program are competent in the basic disciplines required for admission to Ukrainian university and have a profound knowledge of Ukrainian and Russian languages that enables them to apply to higher educational institutions.
The University is capable to provide the appropriate training quality for international students due to the following factors:
- Highly professional course and teaching staff;
- Up-to-date technical support and infrastructure of the University of the IV (the highest) level of accreditation that facilitate pedagogical, methodological, informational support of the training process;
- Compliance with the demands of educational services market;
- Active feed-back from the students;
- Self-improvement ability.
The following documents are required for admission to the Preparatory Course of the University:
- Invitation for study (is provided by the University on student’s demand);
- Passport translation into Ukrainian (or Temporary permission for permanent residency in Ukraine);
- High School Certificate (with marks/grades) translated into Ukrainian;
- Physical Health Examination Report issued no earlier than within two months before entering Ukraine;
- HIV Test results issued no earlier than within two months before entering Ukraine;
- Open-end return ticket;
- 12 photos, 3,5x4,5 cm.
Documents required by positions 3), 4), 5) have to be translated into Ukrainian and legalized in the Consular Department of the Embassy of Ukraine in the country of applicant’s residence.
The active development of preparatory training system for international students fully corresponds to the mission of «KROK» University written down in its Statute and opens up new opportunities for further improvement of training of students at various qualification degrees in Economics, Entrepreneurship and Management majors.
Graduates of the Preparatory Course can proceed their studies at Undergraduate Programs, Graduate Programs or Post Diploma Studies of «KROK» University or other higher educational institutions of Ukraine.