Education of Law major is oriented on students mastering the basic principles of law and its individual branches, forming an adequate perception and understanding of law as a regulator of social relations, the phenomenon of human civilization, as well as on the overview of the whole system of law sciences, for gaining knowledge and skills within a wide range of branches of Law. Training in this program also envisages the development of students' ability to apply the acquired legal and general knowledge in practice, to freely orient themselves in the most important organizational and legal mechanisms and legal institutes of specific branches of law. The main task of the Faculty of Law within the framework of the Bachelor's program is to prepare lawyers of a new generation capable of implementing a high level of professional knowledge in all spheres of legal science and practice; as well as in forming the values and ideological foundations of students who according to the program will be able to effectively influence on the development of the rule of law, the formation of civil society and the development of a market economy in Ukraine.
Knowledge acquired by students in the learning process:
- system of national legislation and international law, regulating the sphere of private and public relations;
- the rights and freedoms of a person and a citizen, provided by the Constitution of Ukraine and other normative legal acts of Ukraine and countries of the European Union in the process of realization of rights and obligations;
- knowledge on forming of the idea of organizing the activities of public authorities on the implementation of legislation and compliance with state requirements;
- knowledge on preparation of the necessary documents in the process of protecting public interests;
- knowledge on how to represent and protect the interests of citizens and legal entities on their behalf in judicial and state bodies;
- ability to demonstrate skills of analysis of corruption factors, detection and evaluation of corruption behavior and facilitate its termination;
- ability to give a correct legal assessment of individual evidence, their aggregate in legal affairs and in a particular procedural situation;
- knowledge on public state of the existing system of legal and state regulation in the countries - members of the European Union;
- knowledge on ways of adapting national legislation to EU law.
Graduates of Law major are able to work as Legal Advisers providing legal running in business organizations and associations with different forms of ownership. They are able to provide professional legal monitoring of modern land property relations, legal activities of stock exchanges, trading houses, banks, brokerage firms and subjects of foreign economic relations.
Master Degree graduates become members of specially organized workshops which are held in corporate administration, joint-stocks and insurance bodies. Students work out innovative projects related to intellectual property protection, as well as legal support links with offshore zones and the holding companies.
College of Economics, Law and Information Technologies trains students to receive Junior Specialist Degree in Law. Here come those candidates who have already chosen the future profession and seek how to obtain it along with the school completion without time loosing.
College graduates are able to work at educational and scientific institutions according to specialty and skill level as:
- Legal Adviser Assistant with providing legal running in business organizations and associations with different forms of ownership
- Assistant Attorney
- Assistant Criminologist
- Intellectual Property Assistant Expert
- Expert Assistant for Social and Labor Relations Regulation
Junior Specialist are able to provide professional legal monitoring of modern property relations, legal activities of stock exchanges, trading houses, banks, brokerage firms and foreign economic relations entities.
Law trainings last 4 years at College that allows to continue studies at the University in Law field starting from the third-year.
During their education process students study major in main areas of law – Constitutional, Administrative, Labor, Civil, Family, Environmental, Land, Commercial, Transportation, Financial, Banking, Criminal – and procedural mechanisms for their implementation. Future Jurists are studying International Law, Civil Procedure, Theory of Law, Criminology, Public Law of Foreign Countries, Law Enforcement and Judicial System of Ukraine, Judicial Accounting, Principles of Roman Civil Law, Legal Statistics, Public Speaking Skills, Banking etc. University graduates majoring in "Jurisprudence" who obtained Specialist’s Degree can continue their studies at Master's Degree majoring in Business Law.
Jurist's activity is largely related to the disclosure of the human’s spiritual world, emotional and psychological state understanding. Therefore, the University offers its students the opportunity to combine psychological gain (Full-Time Studies) and legal education (Correspondent Studies). Practical component is an integral part of the educational process. During University studies students have an opportunity to intern at local governments, public employment services, public social insurance services, public pension services, civil registration bodies, social security bodies, judicial bodies, human resources departments, as well as at the Parliament of Ukraine (Verkhovna Rada), Supreme Court of Ukraine, the Constitutional Court of Ukraine etc. Future jurists are also involved in business games on legal topics, special round tables. Famous jurists and public men are invited by the University to share experiences and answer the questions.