Corporation of Education and Personnel Development«KROK» University is one of the first private educational institutions of Ukraine, IV (highest) accreditation level. Founded in 1992 «KROK» University is the best private HEI in Ukraine (since 2012 according to Consolidated ranking of Ukrainian universities, TOP-200 Ukraine (2015 – 2018), FOCUS TOP-50 — the estimates of the employers (2017). The University is a part of a large educational corporation, which provides qualitative work to promote educational services and the development of students as professionals in selected fields, as well as interesting personalities.
«KROK» University Mission
The mission of the University is to create a flexible innovative educational system for training professionals, personal development, scientific research and consulting, appropriate to the requirements of the information society and needs of the international and national labor markets, integrated into the global educational space and oriented to democratic values.
Our strategic aim comprises:
Science - Education - Development - Health - Competitive advantages
In its development as the University of applied sciences and technologies the KROK University aims at upbringing the generation of healthy, educative citizens who possess up-to-date knowledge and business skills. The University offers professional and social self-realization possibilities to its employees and grants competitive advantages on international and national labor markets to its students.
Freedom - Competence - Justice - Honesty - Responsibility - Transparency
- A right for freedom of debate and criticism and a right for academic freedom of professors based on a high level of their competence and trustworthiness that contribute to their continuous professional and scientific growth.
- Justice through personal respect and unbiased treatment; building of partnership within the University community; ensuring a right for comprehensive information, personal opinion and impartial argument solving.
- Personal honesty in unbiased judgment and decisions; elimination of fraud and plagiary; liability in executing administrative and social status responsibilities.
- Keeping University's transparency to ensure public monitoring of academic activity, participation and influence of various interested parties (employers, parents, students, alumni, professional organizations) on determination of main working directions and susceptibility to constructive criticism, international attraction and tolerance.
The main goals:
Quality - Mobility - Competitiveness - Partnership - Internationalization
- Creation, implementation, certification and continuous improvement of the quality management system of the University.
- Development of the entrepreneurial component in the University's curriculum, expanding the range of training areas, postgraduate education, conducting researches and consulting on the basis of the introduction of innovative managerial, pedagogical and information technologies that will form the integral structure of the University of Applied Sciences and Technologies and ensure its sustainable development in a globalized, stiff competition and rapid change.
- Efficient and effective management, improvement of the personnel management system (search and selection of personnel, improvement of the qualification of management and scientific and pedagogical workers, training, support and technical personnel), which is designed to ensure the University's proper competitiveness.
- Establishment of long-term partnerships with the business environment, consumers and customers of educational services of the University, development of specialized training programs focused on their inquiries and needs, creation and improvement of business education units, rapid development of postgraduate education programs, short-term seminars, trainings, including international direction.
- Further deployment of the network of undergraduate education, regional educational subdivisions of the University and ensuring a high level of education quality.
- The development of the University's own service infrastructure and the educational environment, which will significantly expand the range and improve the quality of services offered to the University community, implement the principles of a healthy lifestyle and create safe working conditions and training.
- Implementation of business projects related to the University's academic and research orientation, as well as those that will ensure attraction of additional financial resources for its sustainable development.
- Development of the international activity of the University, ensuring the growth of the number of foreign students, studying at the University's programs, participation of teachers and staff of the University in international programs and projects of educational, scientific and social character. Internationalization of University activities.
Who we are
Founded in 1992 «KROK» University is the best private university in Ukraine (since 2012 according to Consolidated ranking of Ukrainian universities, TOP-200 Ukraine (2015 – 2018), FOCUS TOP-50 — the estimates of the employers (2017). In 2003, the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine accredited the University at the IV (highest) level.
Though our University is comparatively young, we have accumulated academic traditions and practices that make KROK a unique place for students and staff:
- Modern professional education in the sphere of economics, finance, management, law, international relations etc.
- Attitude to the student as the client, trainee and partner
- Individual approach to each student
- Small academic and tutorial groups
- Creativity and active learning encouraging
- Innovative and interactive methods of teaching and learning
- Staff professional and personal development
- Combination of academic freedoms with permanent improvement
The main goal of the University is to provide students with qualitative training and facilitate their competitiveness on the labour market. The University’s success is the result of well-coordinated work of highly qualified professionals who elaborated an efficient training system.
At present, the University enrolls students to departments of full-time studies (including international students – around 700) and part-time studies. «KROK» University set up preparatory departments within Kyiv and 16 regions of Ukraine. In 2002 the University established Preparatory (Linguistic) Department for foreign citizens.
- Overview the License and Accreditation of «KROK» University (the page is in Ukrainian Language)
- Ensuring Accessibility of Training Facilities for Persons with Disabilities and Other Low-mobility Groups (PDF, the page is in Ukrainian Language)
- Samples of Diplomas (PDF, the page is in Ukrainian Language)
Total Quality Management
«KROK» University is certified by the system ISO 9001:2009
On May 12, 2010 «KROK» University has received a certificate for quality management system, which certifies that the quality management system in relation to the rendering of services in higher education, complete secondary education, vocational education, retraining, research, development and scientific activities according to the valid documents in Ukraine meets the requirements of SSU ISO 9001:2009 (ISO 9001:2008)*.
* SSU ISO 9001:2009 is a National Standard of Ukraine, which is recommended for the certification of quality management systems. The requirements specified in the Standard correspond to valid laws of Ukraine.
This Standard is the official translation of ISO 9001:2008 «Quality management systems - Requirements».
Grading system of «KROK» University
For the evaluation of students' knowledge at «KROK» University 100-point University scale and national scale are used. Terms of correspondence between scales are listed in the table.
Comparative Table of Evaluation
|University scale||Marks for the extended scale||Ukrainian Grade|
|А||90 and higher||EXCELLENT – excellent performance with few mistakes||excellent|
|В||80-89||VERY GOOD – above average level with some mistakes||good|
|С||70-79||GOOD – generally correct work with a number of significant mistakes|
|D||60-69||SATISFACTORY – not bad, but with many drawbacks||satisfactory|
|E||50-59||ENOUGH – performance meets the minimum criteria|
|FX||25-49||UNSATISFACTORY – still needs to work before getting the positive mark||unsatisfactory|
|F||01-24||INAPPROPRIATE – thorough and elaborate work is needed with repeated study of module (discipline)|
Note: Grade “F” presupposes the obligatory repeated study of the subject. During the repeated study the relevant educational element is referred to the individual educational plan of the student for the next academic year.
«KROK» University structure
«KROK» University is a large educational corporation, all departments of which are working for a common goal. Providing of high-quality education, opportunities for professional, personal and creative development not only for students, but also other members of the «KROK» family is the key to the success of the institution. And each faculty, institute, college, University department makes a crucial contribution to achieving this success.
College of Economics, Law and Information Technologies
College of Economics, Law and Information Technologies was founded in March, 2003. It is an associated institution of international UNESCO project. It trains Junior Specialist in:
- Finance, Banking and Insurance
- Accounting and Taxation
- Entrepreneurship, Trade and Exchange Activity
- Software Engineering
- Computer Sciences
- Hotel and Restaurant Business
Faculty of Economics and Entrepreneurship
Faculty of International Relations
Faculty of International Relations was founded in July, 1999. At the Faculty the training of Bachelors and Masters is conducted on the following majors:
Faculty of Law
Educational and Scientific Institute for Information and Communication Technologies
Educational and Scientific Institute for Master and Post Diploma Studies
Educational and Scientific Institute for Master and Post Diploma Studies offers the programs of Second Higher Education (Retraining), as well as Interdisciplinary Master Degree Programs. More information is available here
Business School «KROK»
Business School «KROK» is a structural department of «KROK» University, which conducted the training of students, studying to obtain Master Degree. To overview the programs offered by Business School «KROK», please, follow the link
Educational and Scientific Institute for Security Management
Educational and Scientific Institute for Security Management was founded in September, 2007. Institute conducts the training of Masters in the field of Security Management.
Kolomyia College was founded in January, 1998. It trains Junior Specialists in:
- Finance, Banking and Insurance
- Geodesy and Land Management
Institute for Natural Resources Management (Kolomyia, Ivano-Frankivsk region)
Institute for Natural Resources Management (Kolomyia, Ivano-Frankivsk region) was founded in January, 1998. The Institute conducts the training of Bachelors in:
- Finance, Banking and Insurance
- Geodesy and Land Management
Educational and Scientific Institute of Psychology
Educational and Scientific Institute of Medicine