The project envisaged training of qualified climate managers. For this purpose, project teams will study best EU practices, select and train staff, update existing Master degree programs in environmental protection and management by developing an interdisciplinary training module in climate change prevention, adaptation and mitigation.
The aim of the project is to help the universities of Georgia, the Republic of Belarus and Ukraine to become centers for the development of research of climate management to accelerate integration into the global climate market and to meet global climate regulation requirements by acquiring best European practices in the field of climate change prevention, adaptation and mitigation.
The specific objectives of the project are as follows:
- Update the existing Master degree programs by developing an interdisciplinary training module "Climate Management".
- Establish consulting Climate Management Centers at partner universities and ensure their sustainable development.
- Facilitate the development and strengthening of institutional capacity of partner universities aiming to develop recommendations for the industrial, transport, energy, tourism sectors and local authorities in the sphere of climate change prevention, adaptation and mitigation.
Indicators of progress in the project implementation are as follows:
- The number of high-quality, multi-skilled specialists trained for comprehensive addressing of the challenges of climate change prevention, adaptation and mitigation.
- Good national organizational structure for professionals in climate change prevention, adaptation and mitigation.
- Qualitatively organized system of support of the development of climate regulation programs at national and regional level.
Project Duration: 15.11.2020 – 14.11.2023
Project Coordinator: Netherlands Business Academy, the Netherlands
Project Co-Coordinator: «KROK» University, Ukraine
- Foggia University, Italy;
- University of Applied Sciences, Germany;
- Mykolas Romeris University, Lithuania;
- Turiba University, Latvia;
- Kharkiv National Automobile and Highway University, Ukraine;
- Lviv Polytechnic National University, Ukraine;
- Akaki Tsereteli State University Kutaisi, Georgia;
- Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University, Georgia;
- Polessky State University, Belarus;
- Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno, Belarus;
- Hultgren Nachhaltigkeitsberatung UG, Germany.
We are looking forward to a fruitful cooperation and efficient partnership!