The current social environment and high youth unemployment afflicting Europe has led European policy to favour education seeking to promote the employability of young people. The crisis and the effect it has on the high unemployment rates, especially among the youth, has led some countries to give great importance to cooperative and work-integrated (Dual) education at all educational levels and to speed up policies and reforms for the development of this system of education.
The key feature of Dual Higher Education (DHE) is the unique combination of theory and practice. The university's curriculum combines higher education and on-the-job training at numerous partner companies, aiming to provide both academic skills and work-related expertise. In that regard, the academic content conveyed in classroom is complemented with workplace experience, so that real-life situations immediately test the effectiveness of classroom theory and vice versa.
The project aim is to integrate Dual Higher Education (DHE) in the Partner countries in general, and to improve individual employability and development, increase suitability and continuity between the demands of the professional world and the initial training of university students, and achieve of greater economic efficiency and social integration, in particular.
In order to achieve these aims, the project needs to realize the following concrete objectives:
- To identify needs and specific requirements of companies in different industrial sectors and businesses for DHE and to find companies willing to participate in pilot implementations of DHE during the project;
- To develop a flexible and generic Dual Higher Education Model (DHEM) to support different needs and interests of employers, higher education institutions (HEIs) and students in different industrial and business sectors and to provide recommendations to HEIs for implementation of Dual Higher Education;
- To test the specific DHE models generated from the developed generic DHEM, by realizing their pilot implementations during the project and to analyze achieved results; and
- To propose changes to legislation/regulations to adapt Dual Higher Education in the Partner countries
Project Duration: 15/01/2021 – 14/01/2024 (36 months)
Programme country partners:
- Duale Hochschule Baden-Wuerttemberg (DHBW), GERMANY
- Universitat de Lleida, SPAIN
- Varna University of Management, BULGARIA
- Akademia WS, POLAND
- European Policy Development and Research Institute, Maribor, SLOVENIA
- Academy of Economic Studies of Moldova - coordinator
- Technical University of Moldova
- Free International University of Moldova
- Ministry of Education, Culture and Research of Moldova
- Uzhhorod National University, Uzhorod
- «KROK» University, Kyiv
- V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, Kharkiv
- Odessa National University of Economics, Odessa
- Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine