Representatives from Ministry of Economic Affairs of the Netherlands, Startup Amsterdam/Amsterdam City Council, Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine, Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia, Ministry of Education of Republic of Moldova, Ministry of Economy from Moldova, Ministry of Energy of Georgia, Kharkiv City Council, Kharkiv Regional State Administration, Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Moldova, International Foundation for Education Policy together with representatives of Universities from Ukraine, Moldova and Georgia, members of consortium were present at the event. Andrii Lotariev, Head of International Office, presented «KROK» University.
The objective of the event was to share knowledge, experience and insight in what it takes to stimulate the formation of an ecosystem for entrepreneurship that creates economic growth, innovation and jobs and that attracts talent and investment.
Specialists from Amsterdam shared their experience on what made Amsterdam one of Europe’s start-up capitals and how the government contributed to its success.
At the meeting the following issues were discussed:
- What does your country / city do (currently) to stimulate (start up) entrepreneurship?
- What are the ways of building ecosystems for start-ups and scale ups and creating favourable ecosystems for entrepreneurship?
- What does your university do to transfer technology and inventions to markets?
- What are the benefits of an attractive entrepreneurship climate for a city/nation?
- What is the role of technology transfer from universities to markets?
- How can tech transfer be organized in such way that innovations do reach markets?
- What can university incubators contribute to tech transfer and a start up scene in general?
- How to facilitate the growth of start-ups by trainings program and investors?
- How to attract investment to an entrepreneurial ecosystem & crowd funding?
- How to create a vibe that attracts entrepreneurs and talented staff for start up companies?
- What is the Role of Chamber of Commerce in supporting start up scene?
The participants visited Science Park, Start up Village in Amsterdam. Networking and Round table discussion with trade advisors at Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs; Netherlands Enterprise Agency took place in the Hague.